The one:one device scheme is an investment in the future of education, and this initiative is the start of a new and exciting era for the Maritime Academy.
We believe that learning is not just something that happens within the classroom – it is something that transcends the uniform and the text book and stays with students once they have left school.
From day one of year 7, students at the Maritime Academy will all receive a one:one device so that they can benefit from a curriculum that has been developed with digital learning at its core.
Learning with one:one devices is about investing in the right equipment, using modern learning techniques, offering a blended approach, teaching vital skills and trusting students to work and learn as adults.
As a Thinking School, we are proud of our cognitive education and we put an understanding of how the brain learns at the heart of all that we do. We know that the brain, and in particular memory, can make mistakes; our one:one device will reinforce your child’s ability to develop their memory.
All of our one:one devices are state-of-the-art, come pre-installed with the Microsoft Office suite, internet security and are updated regularly to keep your child safe online. They can be used as a laptop or tablet with a stylus pen for drawing and writing notes, to use in class and at home. A device they can call their own, to do their work on, store and refer back to when revising and generally get a feel for, and understanding of, using digital platforms to learn and grow.
Plus we will be using software designed to encourage instant feedback between students, parents and teachers. Taking the classic handwritten ‘note’ further, with feedback that can be an audio or video message.
Investing the time both in school and at home into the correct use of these devices is about future-proofing your child for careers that may not even exist yet, it is ensuring that they leave secondary education with the right level of digital skills, and it is preparing and empowering them with the tools, and the knowledge, to meet the modern needs of further education and employers.
We know, without a doubt, that one:one devices will have a transformative effect on your child’s personal and academic success.
‘Making Learning Last’ is a promise not a slogan.
True learning transcends the school uniform and the text books; it stays with students far beyond their school years. As the next part of your child’s journey we, the Maritime Academy, work with them to hone skills and share experiences to last.
The one:one device scheme is investing in the right equipment, using modern learning techniques, offering a blended approach, teaching vital skills and trusting students to work and learn as they become adults.
Your own personal learning device!
Our founding cohort will a receive a laptop for them to keep on their first day, their last and beyond!
The benefits of the one:one device scheme
- Security included for safe online use
- Affordable payment plan
- You will own the device after final payment
- Security upgraded with every login
- State-of-the-art devices – use it as a laptop or tablet with a stylus pen for drawing and writing
- Great storage
- Easy-to-access information to support revision and learning
- Instant feedback – both audio and visual as well as written
- Opportunity to upgrade to latest model after 3 years
- Dedicated in-school IT support
- Device replacements are quick if needed
- You can take your device to college, sixth form, university and work when you leave – it’s yours to keep!
These amazing HP360 touchscreen laptops are small and perfectly fit into most school bags.
- Intel Pentium processor
- Plenty of memory
- Integrated graphics card
- Storage drive
- Touchscreen with vibrant colourful display
- WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity
- SD media card reader
- HDMI support
- Headphone/microphone combo
- USB Ports
- Ideal size to fit in most school bags
- Light weight to carry
- Power supply
- Rechargeable battery
- HP Webcam with integrated digital microphone
- Dual audio speakers
- Safeguarding and online security
- Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)